Get involved and volunteer with us!
NSW Hen Rescue is entirely volunteer run by a dedicated team of vegan volunteers. You do not have to be vegan to volunteer with us – all you need is a can-do attitude and respect that we are a vegan sanctuary and that many other volunteers who you work alongside with are also vegan. We have volunteers from down the road, and all the way from Sweden!
There are loads of ways you can help – we welcome anyone who loves animals to get in touch with us about volunteer opportunities!
NSW Hen Rescue also provides a safe space where people can learn about animals and veganism and ask as many questions as you want without being judged.
Interested in Volunteering? Check out our Volunteer Positions Guide here!
Current Volunteer Vacancies: (must have weekday availability)
– Adoption Caller Volunteer
– Animal Care Volunteers (general, morning and evening shifts)
– Vet transport volunteer
– Transport volunteer
– Hatching Projects Team Leader
– Foster carers (please fill out this short form as part of your application)
What We offer
– A fun and friendly volunteer team who all share the common goal of achieving animal liberation
– A safe and supportive environment where you will be listened to and greatly valued
– Unlimited access to gorgeous animals at NSW Hen Rescue HQ
– Increase your transferable soft-skills, applicable to any workplace
– Build your experience in animal rights
– Gain a great reference for your resume
– Directly influence how many hens and other animals we can liberate